Diagnoses code?

What could we use to screen for HCV for the following pt?

"Adults who do not meet the high risk definition as defined above, but who were born from 1945 through 1965. A single, once-in-a-lifetime screening test is covered for these individuals."

Thanks

Comments

• --001a114fbd6032b665053e0a82cc
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

We use Z11.59 - encounter for screening for other viral diseases.

• There is no more specific code for HCV other than Z11.59 and therefore should be the one to use. If you know the situation the patient may have been in such as such as needle puncture that should be the secondary diagnosis.
    Maxine

[Description: Description: R:\General\Graphics\ScrogginsGrear\Correct Colors\ScrogginsGrear One Line Signature.png]

Maxine Lewis, CMM, CPC, CPC-I, CCS-P, CPMA
    Main: 513-771-7070
    Direct: 513-672-4363
    Fax: 513-326-7640
    200 Northland Blvd
    Cincinnati, OH 45246
    mlewis@scrogginsgrear.com
    www.scrogginsgrear.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from ScrogginsGrear, Inc. which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (800-359-3970) or by electronic mail (consultants@scrogginsgrear.com) immediately. If any tax advice is contained in this communication, it is not intended or written to be used for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed under federal law and cannot be used for that purpose.

Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 10:02 AM
    To: Multiple recipients of list PARTB-L
    Subject: Re: [partb-l] Diagnoses code?

We use Z11.59 - encounter for screening for other viral diseases.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Michele Fecho wrote:
    What could we use to screen for HCV for the following pt?

"Adults who do not meet the high risk definition as defined above, but who were born from 1945 through 1965. A single, once-in-a-lifetime screening test is covered for these individuals."

Thanks

--
    Anna Pruitt
    Office Manager
    Dr. Bart Pruitt
    703 S. Mill St.
    Winnsboro, TX 75494
    903-342-9800 (o)
    903-342-9809 (f)

Part B-L is sponsored by Part B News (www.partbnews.com), which is published by DecisionHealth (http://www.decisionhealth.com). Call us toll-free 877-602-3835

To unsubscribe: Go to http://www.decisionhealth.com/partb-l; Type in your email address; Click �My Forums�; Click �unsubscribe�

Going on vacation? Set your membership to no email. Here�s how: http://www.decisionhealth.com/partb-l; Type in your email address; Click �my account�; Look for �Membership type� and click the arrow next to the box; Select no email; Click �save changes�; Click �log out.�

If you belong to more than one of our forums, simply click on one of the forums and follow the same directions as above. The selection you make, e.g., �no email,� should apply to all of your forums.

To post to this list, use partb-l@list.partbnews.com
  • Is that for hepatitis C screening or ?? yes in our previous world it was v73.89 which does map to Z11.59

Karyn Cardenas-Foray, CPC, CPMA ,CHCA, CEMC,CIMC,CSEMC
    AHIMA ICD10 PROFICIENT
    Government Reimbursement Analyst-Sharp Health Care
    PFS-CCD 3rd Floor
    858-499-4382

• I have recently been told by my A/R reps that we (actually, the outside lab that bills the Hep C test) is getting denials from our Medicare with the Z11.59. We are doing ours based on the year of birth, so the high risk factor does not apply. The lab has even told the reps that our office is the only office using the Z11.59.
    My manager wanted me to follow up and see if anyone else is having this problem with the Z11.59.

Thank you!

Cathy Satkus, CPC
    Harvard Family Physicians
    Tulsa, Ok

• I found out some more information, it turns out the outside lab is not converting the Hep C lab to the screening code of G0472 because Z11.59 is currently listed as noncovered. They state Medicare is not adding that code until October 2017 and it is currently listed as a noncovered code so their system bills it out with the non-screening CPT and Z11.59. We asked them to try billing G0472 with Z11.59 and they won't! The patient is stuck with the bill because they signed the ABN.

• Is there anyone out there?? I'm having a problem again where our doctors have been advised to use Z72.89 for patients born between 1945 and 1965 because all of the lab software are set up to only allow those 2 codes.