JAPANESE ENCEPHALITIS VACCINE 90738

Hello,

Looking for help on how to bill Noridian Medicare for denial of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine 90738 so I may then bill the secondary insurance. Currently, it is denying with as invalid, unprocessable (CO16, N704) and is listed as "status I-not valid for Medicare".

Thanks in advance!

Jacquelyn Valdivia, CPC
Coder II
Patient Financial Services
(858) 499-4364
(858) 499-4300 fax
jacquelyn.valdivia@sharp.com

[http://sharpnet.sharp.com/marketing/creativeServices/upload/SRS Med Grp.lo.jpg]

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and confidential and is only for whom it was intended. If the reader of this message is not the intended recepient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver the message to the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If this communication has been received in error, please notify Sharp HealthCare at the telephone number listed above immediately and destroy all information received.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    I believe 90738 is non covered for Medicare, so you would need either GY or GZ modifier, which ever pertains to your situation- to rebill it, then you should be able to send it on to the secondary insurance, once Noridian responds.

Thanks,
    Jill McPheron, CPC, CPMA
    Duke PDC Compliance