Vitamin B-12

I could use some guidance for billing B-12 shots. We have a patient that was getting 2000mcg every 2 weeks due to health issues. We started getting denials stating that Medicare would only pay for 1000mcg according to the LCD. Now the LCD is retired. Our patient's levels have dropped dramatically and the physician wants patient to get 1000mcg weekly. I am worried about reimbursement. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thank you,
Christie Thomas CPC
403 Woodland Hills Blvd
Fort Scott, Kansas 66701
620-223-8040 ext 4161
christie.thomas@mercy.net

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

This electronic mail and any attached documents are intended solely for the named addressee(s) and contain confidential information. If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer system.